Lenovo announced new solutions to enable customers to better solve rapidly growing data management needs, coupled with new milestones in its enterprise storage momentum. For the first time, Lenovo is ranked as the #1 storage provider in the “Price Bands 1-4 (storage <$25K) external storage” category, which represents 61% of the total market for storage device units sold globally.
Lenovo also rose to the #5 storage provider position globally in all segments, according to IDC Worldwide Quarterly Enterprise Storage Systems Tracker, 4Q 22.
Coinciding with this accomplishment, the company has launched its new enterprise-class storage solutions that deliver major power efficiency increases and data centre space savings to help support sustainability goals. The new ThinkSystem storage systems help safeguard critical data with advanced ransomware protection.
The company reported record-breaking growth across its infrastructure solutions business:
- Lenovo’s storage portfolio records 138% YTY revenue increase.
- Lenovo sees over 100% year-over-year (YoY) growth in the All-Flash Array (AFA) category and 22% growth in midrange storage.
- Lenovo TruScale infrastructure as a service grows more than 600% YoY year-to-date
“The rise to the #1 storage provider rank in the price bands < US$25,000 category globally and the #5 storage provider in all segments worldwide is a testament to our product performance and customer centricity,” said Sumir Bhatia, President – Asia Pacific, Lenovo ISG. “With data being the new currency, CIOs must become smart bankers in how they manage, leverage, and protect data while meeting sustainability goals. Our new enterprise-class storage solutions offer more power efficiency and data centre space savings, while our ThinkSystem storage systems provide advanced ransomware protection.”
“Data is everywhere because of digital technologies, e-commerce, and online platforms like social media. The Singaporean government’s support of data-driven initiatives and the use of data analytics to improve business processes and customer experiences is critical in fostering this growth,” said Kumar Mitra, Managing Director and Regional General Manager – Central Asia Pacific at Lenovo ISG. “At Lenovo, we understand the evolving needs of our customers’ businesses, and we are committed to providing innovative solutions to help them thrive. With the increasing volume of data, it is essential to have comprehensive data management and storage solutions to secure critical information and remain competitive in the digital landscape. Our newest storage solutions and ThinkSystem storage systems are designed to help businesses better manage their data, achieve data centre cost savings, and significantly improve power efficiency.”
New storage innovation
Lenovo offers a comprehensive portfolio of enterprise-class data management solutions from entry to high end, including enterprise storage arrays and infrastructure, hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI), software-defined storage (SDS), TruScale Infinite storage as a service, and vertically focused workload solutions working with ISV application software partners.
Leveraging in-house design and manufacturing capabilities to drive innovation, Lenovo is releasing new storage solutions to protect against threats to customers’ critical data and help support sustainability goals by more effectively powering today’s demanding data management and analytics needs. The new solutions include:
- D4390 High Density JBOD for Software Defined Storage: Delivers power and space savings to help support sustainability goals:
- Up to 62% less power consumption as compared to previous generation.
- Lower OPEX – up to 60% reduction in data centre space.
- Higher overall performance – 24G SAS connectivity increases data throughput
- ThinkSystem DM Systems 9.12 Software Release: Delivers advanced innovations that reduce threats from cyberattacks and increase data management efficiency:
- New automated ransomware protection.
- Autonomous ransomware protection.
- One-click defence against malicious files.
- Tamper-proof snapshots prevent ransomware deletion.
- Hardened zero-trust architecture that increases defence from insider threats.
- Advanced multi-factor authentication.
- Immutable, tamperproof logging.
- Enhanced auditing.
- 33% storage efficiency improvement over previous generation with new 4-to-1 efficiency.
- Lowers CAPEX by storing more data with less storage.
- New automated ransomware protection.
- Recently announced high-performance data management solutions with WEKA, selling across 160 markets globally. The solutions accelerate AI and analytics for high performance workloads by speeding time to insights while reducing cost.
- TruScale infrastructure as a service, which enables all of Lenovo’s data management offerings to be consumed via a pay-as-you-go model.
Enabling the channel through channel-centric strategy
Lenovo delivers value for channel partners when it comes to data management and storage solutions through the Lenovo 360 global channel framework for partners and a channel-centric commitment. With the full breadth and depth of the Lenovo portfolio, partners can strengthen their position in the market and better respond to customer needs.
Fueled by strong market momentum in edge-to-cloud servers, storage, and software, Lenovo is transforming into a full-service solutions provider with continued expansion and leadership across a comprehensive infrastructure solutions portfolio.
Visit Lenovo.com/storage to learn more about Lenovo’s leading storage solutions and customer stories.